Skidortsguide för Mount Hotham
- Acres(yta)för skidåkning:600
Mount Hotham has a justified reputation for good snow. With an airport just 20 minutes drive from the resort it is the most accessible of the Australian resorts. There are about 10 flights a week from Sydney, at present. 13 lifts serve a wide variety of runs at Mount Hotham that should keep most happy, from the long cruisers at 2.5 km, to shorter but steeper terrain for advanced skiers. One interesting point to note is that Mount Hotham resort is topsy turvy! The car park is at the top and the slopes lead off below it. So, the last run of the day will be on a lift, try doing the same in the Alps! Even better is the free snow cat tow service into the backcountry! You may also pay about one hundred AUS dollars to get a chopper ride to Falls creek resort to access the 18 lifts. However, it is understood that Falls Creek can be accessed by car during the winter. Mount Hotham village has a wide range of accommodation and some bars and restaurants in which to recover from the day on the slopes.
- Närmaste flygplatsen:Hotham
- Närmaste tåget:-
- Turistinformation tel::+61/3/57593508
- Turistbyråns officiella hemsida:www.mthotham.com.au/
- Boende nära skidbacken:-
Latest Snow Reportview full snow report
- Issued:9 Nov
- Last Snowfall:9 November 2019
- Snow Depth (upper):–
- Snow Depth (lower):–
Today’s Weather (1652 m)view full snow forecast
Mount Hotham Location Maps
Visitor Reviews of Mount Hotham
Rebecca from Australia writes:
It's funny all the negative comments I see here.
Each to their own, however, I think a lot of you have your nose out of joint because you have probably come at a time where there hasn't been particularly great snow fall.
We can't predict the weather, there may be days when the resort is better than others.
As for people saying its too expensive, you'll find all the other decent resorts in Aus are the same price, if not, very close!
As for cost of food etc- of course it's going to be a little more pricey, it's like going to a theme park or the footy, I paid $14 for a pie and a bottle of coke at the footy!
If you are planning a holiday at the snow, you need to be prepared with extra cash, just like any resort!
Väderprognoser stad för stad
närmast till Mount Hotham
- Wodonga, Australia98km
- Albury, Australia102km
- Shepparton, Australia168km
- Cranbourne, Australia205km
- Wagga Wagga, Australia208km
närmast Mount Hotham
- Red Bluff, Australia129km
- Cape Conran, Australia169km
- Woodside Beach (Wilsons Promontory), Australia176km
- Point Hicks, Australia211km
- D Bay, Australia223km
närmast Mount Hotham
- Mount Hotham, Australia0km
- Mount Feathertop, Australia9km
- Mount McKay (Australia), Australia14km
- Mount Bogong, Australia29km
- The Horn (Mount Buffalo), Australia40km